Saturday, August 29, 2009

More Jumper Photos

I'm definitely in productive mode over her in my little studio! I have 4 or 5 horses I plan to have complete by the end of September paint-wise and of course I want the jumper that I have been working on to be finished by that deadline as well.

You can see more pictures of the jumper below and the progress that's been made on him! We are only about midway here. The neck and the shoulders are pretty much done muscle wise and have been smoothed. When the rest of the horse gets to their level, I will then add wrinkles and possibly veining. The left side of the head is more finished than the right side, but it's still only blocked in. The butt muscles on the left side are at the same stage as the neck and shoulders. I think my next move will be to finish the chest and front legs, then move on to the right butt muscles. Everything is measured and proportionate at least (except the right back leg) so that hard part is out of the way.

I am thinking about mane options for him, though it's probably a bit premature. At first, I wanted braids to really make him a snazzy jumper. But then I got to thinking about versatility and thought maybe a short loose mane was better so he could do x-country. If he is popular enough, I may do two versions of him - one with braids and the other sans braids. You will probably see a poll come up in the very near future! :D








5 comments:

Liesl said...

He is looking SO GOOD!!! I can't wait to see him finished!

Rayvin Brewer said...

He is looking really good and I love the idea, although something seems off about his hindquarters. It looks a little stiff? Maybe it needs to be stretched out a little more?

Sian said...

I'm liking him lots! Maybe Rayvin means the stifle area could be pared down a bit? Just a thought!

Jenn Scott said...

Thanks, gals! And Rayvin, I agreed with you. The leg was bothering me, just looking like it was hanging there. It took you pointing it out to me to really give it another look though. I lifted the hock up and tilted the leg back a bit more and did some fetlock work and it looks much nicer!

Herecumztrubble0 said...

Very nice! It is another hindquarter comment, but he seems to be kind of tucking his butt underneath him more, where as it seems like he should have his loin and hind legs stretched out behind and underneath him more! Similar to this, only this horse is hallowing...
http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/jeffco/fair_images/jumper1.jpg

I love him, I definitely want one!